Archive for the ‘Collections’ Category
Unlike a lot of people out there I am not a “glee” fan. To be honest I have never watched a single episode. But a week ago at my local Sephora I saw the OPI Glee Collection, and the colors are amazing! The collection debuted this past February.The names are inspired by events and premises of the show so if you are “Gleek” then I’m sure you will appreciate it that!
Each individual polish is $9.50
- Diva-in-Training – Step aside Rachel Berry. The next solo is yours with this poppy pink hue
- Gleek Out – A lime, glittery green that will have everyone singing your praises
- Miss Bossy Pants – A rich raspberry as show-stopping as Rachel herself
- Mash-Up – Whether your style is sporty or goth, this pearlescent green gray pulls it all together for a pitch-perfect look
- Slushied – There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
- Hell to the No – This purple shade might as well be considered liquid-pizzazz
- Who Let the Dorks Out? – All the cool kids aren’t doing it! Express your individuality and inner-Gleek with this statement peacock green
The mini set is $24.00
- Miss Bossy Pants: A rich raspberry as show stopping as Rachel herself
- Slushied: There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
- Celibacy Club: Even if it’s only part of the show, express your inner angel with this glimmering, diamond top coat (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Gleek Out: A glittery lime green that will have everyone singing your praises
- Sue vs. Shue: Stay a step ahead of the rivalry with this rebellious navy blue (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Express Yourself to Yourself: Even more entertaining than Sue Sylvester in a music video, this coral shimmer shade will have people talking (Mini Kit exclusive)
The chic prints are $15.00 ea.
The only color I picked up when I was there was Hell To The No! But I will go back and try to pick up Slushied.
Did you pick any of the Glee Nail Collection colors up? Which one is your favorite?
MAC signed Lady Gaga on for a second year as their spokeswoman for their Viva Glam campaign for 2011. As many of you remember Lady Gaga teamed up with Cyndi Lauper for the 2010 campaign. The company said the Gaga-Lauper campaign was the most successful ever for the MAC AIDS Fund, which raised more than $190 million for the cause since it was founded in 1994. From images that I have seen to me this looks different from the other Viva Glam shades. It looks to be more of a true nude, and it is the first amplified shade of all the previous Viva Glam colors.
Not only is it beautiful shade to add to your collection but you will also be making a beautiful contribution. Remember that 100% of the earnings from the MAC Viva Glam lipsticks go to the MAC Aids Fund.
US/Canada launch date is February 17, 2011
International launch date is March 2011
MAC has collaborated with Wonder Woman (DC Comics) for their new 2011 Spring Collection. The collection features oversized products, such as their Mineralize Skinfinish, Eyeshadow Quads, Pigment, Opulash, Lipsticks, and Lipglass. But of course that means higher prices. This is due to their inspirations to the”larger than life bold babe”. The launch date for the Wonder Woman Collection for the US/Canada is February 10, 2011. International launch date is March 2011.
For me, Wonder Woman was not something I watched as a kid so I’m not too excited for their new collection. The collection seems a little underwhelming and nothing stands out as a must have. The packaging is bright and bold but that may not be appealing to everybody. It almost looks a little cheap to me. For me, it seems that this may have been the way that toy stores might have packaged makeup for little girls back when Wonder Woman was popular.
I’m going to have to skip this collection and save my money for something that is actually worth it. We are in a recession after all and we have to save the money we do have!
Mighty Aphordite Warm peach coral with gold pearl/Bright coral pink with gold pearl (Satin/Frost) (Limited Edition)
Amazon Princess Bright yellow pink/Deep blue pink with gold pearl (Satin/Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Defiance Iridescent white pink (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Paradise Island Soft warm pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Star Studded Mid-tone violet pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Real Drama Dark burgundy with pink pearl (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Lady Justice Bright silver with white pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Insurmountable Dirty blue grey (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Bold Babe Deep metal blue with white pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Deep Truth True dark blue (Frost) (Permanent)
- Valiant Light lime with yellow pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Spinning Transformation Deep olive bronze with yellow pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Diana Undercover Dark forest green (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Manila Paper Pale frost white gold (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Spring Colour Forecast ’10)
- Pink Power Peachy rose with pink shimmer/Soft rosy bronze/Soft shell pink with fine shimmer (Limited Edition)
- Golden Lariat True coral with fine gold shimmer/Soft suntanned bronze/Soft gold with fine shimmer (Limited Edition)
- Reflects Pearl White glitter with pearl sheen (Glitter) (Permanent at PRO)
- Reflects Bronze Sparkling rich gold (Glitter) (Permanent at PRO)
- Bright Fuchsia Bright magenta (Permanent)
- Marine Ultra Vivid marine blue (Permanent at PRO)
- Marquise d’ Sandy cream peach (Lustre) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Brunette, Blonde, Redhead ’09)
- Russian Red Intense bluish-red (Matte) (Permanent)
- Spitfire Bright creamy magenta (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Heroine Brown bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Emancipation Pale neutral pink (Limited Edition)
- Wonder Woman Bright red with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Athena’s Kiss Bright blue fuchsia (Limited Edition)
- Secret Identity Mid-tone copper with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Victorious Purple (Limited Edition)
- Army of Amazons Green (Limited Edition)
- Themyscira Blue (Limited Edition)
- Black Black (Permanent)
Rapidblack True black (Permanent)
- Obey Me True red (Limited Edition)
- Spirit of Truth Navy blue (Limited Edition)
Utility Belt Eye Brush Set ($49.50) (Limited Edition)
Includes 224SE, 213SE, and 194SE
Utility Belt Face Brush Set ($49.50) (Limited Edition)
Includes 129SE, 109SE, and 190SE
Wonder Woman T ($25.00) (Online Exclusive) (Limited Edition)
Invicible Mirror ($20.00) (Online Exclusive) (Limited Edition)
Anything in the collection that you love? Or is it something you would skip?