Posts Tagged ‘Nails’
I picked this nail color last week while I was at Forever 21 and I thought it was the perfect color for Spring and especially for Easter. It’s a pretty pastel purple, that I think would look great on a lot of different skin tones. The color is quite opaque and creamy, you can get away with wearing one coat if you’re in a hurry. However it does dry pretty quickly and you can apply a second coat within a couple of minutes. The finish is shiny so you don’t need a top coat for the extra glossiness, but I do recommend one to keep your nails looking beautiful for a longer period of time.
You can find this nail polish along with other many beautiful colors at Forever 21 for only $2.00!
Back in January OPI released their very popular Katy Perry collection of nail colors. There are five different shades in the collection, but two of them seem to have done a lot better. Teenage Dreams, and the standout of the line is the Black Shatter nail color. It took a looooong time for me to finally get my hands on one and I have been meaning to do a post about it.
Black Shatter is a black top coat that cracks as it dries on your nails to give them a crackled effect. When it was first released a major misconception was that it would only work with the other colors in the line. I think it was just OPI trying to get us to buy more of their polish. You can use this on ANY color you prefer! However, in my own opinion I think it looks better on top of brighter nail polishes. Since Spring and Summer collections are coming out you can definitely take advantage of that!
If you do a thin layer the effect is slightly different than a thicker coat. The polish does dry pretty quickly so make sure you get your desired amount on your nail on the first try to avoid a clumpy mess.
I’m not one to always have a perfect manicured hand with no chips on it so I couldn’t really tell you how well it wears. But I do know that if your like me and don’t keep up with your nails and maintain them, this is a great polish to hide those little chips as the days go by.
Have you picked this up yet? What’s your favorite color to wear with it?
Unlike a lot of people out there I am not a “glee” fan. To be honest I have never watched a single episode. But a week ago at my local Sephora I saw the OPI Glee Collection, and the colors are amazing! The collection debuted this past February.The names are inspired by events and premises of the show so if you are “Gleek” then I’m sure you will appreciate it that!
Each individual polish is $9.50
- Diva-in-Training – Step aside Rachel Berry. The next solo is yours with this poppy pink hue
- Gleek Out – A lime, glittery green that will have everyone singing your praises
- Miss Bossy Pants – A rich raspberry as show-stopping as Rachel herself
- Mash-Up – Whether your style is sporty or goth, this pearlescent green gray pulls it all together for a pitch-perfect look
- Slushied – There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
- Hell to the No – This purple shade might as well be considered liquid-pizzazz
- Who Let the Dorks Out? – All the cool kids aren’t doing it! Express your individuality and inner-Gleek with this statement peacock green
The mini set is $24.00
- Miss Bossy Pants: A rich raspberry as show stopping as Rachel herself
- Slushied: There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
- Celibacy Club: Even if it’s only part of the show, express your inner angel with this glimmering, diamond top coat (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Gleek Out: A glittery lime green that will have everyone singing your praises
- Sue vs. Shue: Stay a step ahead of the rivalry with this rebellious navy blue (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Express Yourself to Yourself: Even more entertaining than Sue Sylvester in a music video, this coral shimmer shade will have people talking (Mini Kit exclusive)
The chic prints are $15.00 ea.
The only color I picked up when I was there was Hell To The No! But I will go back and try to pick up Slushied.
Did you pick any of the Glee Nail Collection colors up? Which one is your favorite?